WOOHOO IT’S FEBRUARY 27th – my favorite day of the year!!! Today is my 26th birthday and our 3rd anniversary!
I can’t believe it has been 3 years since Luke and I got married / the BEST birthday party ever! Getting married on your birthday is a little crazy, but it’s how the schedule lined up for us and we embraced it! It was the most amazing day and it still feels like a dream. Luke is the most amazing man I know – so steadfast and kind, my absolute best friend. I couldn’t imagine journeying through life without him. I am so blessed.
Last year on my birthday, I posted this fun blog about 25 facts on my 25th birthday and I loved doing it! I thought this year, since I’m officially closer to 30 than 20 (whattt!) to post 30 things I want to do/accomplish before I’m 30!
This is not a list of goals or resolutions, like “I want a better prayer life” or “I want to grow in my marriage” because those are things I work towards every day and every year. These 30 things are random, silly, tangible and action oriented things or experiences.
So, here we go (in no particular order/importance)!
30 BEFORE 30
- Schedule a make-up lesson! I have slowly been loving learning more about makeup more over the last year or so but still have no idea how to use bronzer without looking like an oompa loompa and have never mastered eyeliner. I’m very much a natural look kind of girl, but I would LOVE to have a private consultation with Lindsey Reagan Thorne. That is the dream 🙂
- Take a few voice lessons to increase my breath support and overall range.
- Learn how to curl my hair without having to look at a tutorial every single time / get a new curling iron!
- Go to a women’s conference with girlfriends.
Welcome a puppy into our family…we got Willow in April 2019 Buy a house –I started this post earlier this year and this just happened, so I am keeping in on the list and counting it as my first check-off 🙂
- Go on a week-long big trip with Luke. We’ve done lots of small trips, but we never really got a honeymoon, so we need to prioritize our time and money to make this happen! Hopefully a few times over the next 4 years!!
- Knock out at least 60% of Luke’s pharmacy school debt
- Host a big Christmas party
- Have a baby 🙂
- Have my wedding dress cleaned / decide how I want to store it (embarrassed that this hasn’t happened yet).
- Pay off our Honda Pilot / save cash for our next car!
- Kick my diet coke addition – this does NOT mean I will give it up completely (I looooove it)…but I don’t want to be so dependent on it! I have already significantly decreased my intake this year!
- Read through the whole Bible in a year with Luke
- Make our will (boring! But has to be done!)
- Send a friend flowers out of the blue
- Go to Texas to see Jamie Ivey and go to her Happy Hour Live Event
Get my ears pierced (have twice before and both grew back, but I really hope 3rd time’s a charm!)Got it done in February 2019 and holding strong!
- Go a whole weekend without my phone / unplug completely
- Take a family trip with Luke, my parents, my brother and anyone else who is in our immediate family at the time
- Learn how to use my DSLR camera! I want to take Courtney Malone’s photography course before I have a baby!
- See a new Broadway show
- Host Friendsgiving
- Pray about and seek out a female spiritual mentor who is a season ahead of me
- Swim with dolphins with Luke (one of my favorite things I’ve ever done and I so want to do it again and for Luke to experience it!)
- Master baking a dessert or dish. For example, Luke has mastered his own brownie recipe and people literally go crazy for them. I want to have a special dish that I can make and always go to! I dislike baking and cooking and am trying to change that a little bit!
- Record a song with Luke in a recording studio. This one is really fun and a little crazy! Luke can sing as well, but doesn’t like to in front of people. I would love for us to record a few of our favorite songs just for us to have and our kids to probably make fun of later.
- Go to New York City at Christmas Time!
- Read more books for fun – especially fiction
- Celebrate my 30th birthday with family and friends 🙂
That’s it! I think it will be so fun to come back and look at these over the next few years and see what I’ve done or what has changed. I feel like because of the vast range of things, it will probably take at least four years for all of this to happen. I highly doubt I will complete them all because that’s life, but I look forward to experiencing so much of this and seeing where the Lord leads!