2019 has been a banner year for us and I touched on that a bit in this post. I love doing these posts at the end of each year because I love taking intentional time to slow down and reflect on what GOD HAS DONE. Because this is really about Him. He sustains me, He gives me life and vision and passion to pursue the things I love. I pray He gets the glory for my life and that I steward what He has given me to build His kingdom, not mine.
THE BIG 5
- Buying our house
- Willow, the sheepadoodle, joining our family
- Coordinating 8 weddings together
- Luke starting his job at Carolina Pharmacy
- Joining the Old Town Church Launch Team
- Ridgeway, SC – Whispering Willows
- Washington, DC
- Hilton Head Island, SC
- Clemson, SC
- Lake Lure, NC
- Rhythms of Grace by Kerri Weems
- Messy Beautiful Friendship by Christine Hoover
- The Gospel Centered Life by Robert H. Thune and Will Walker
- Women of the Word by Jen Wilkin
- “King of Kings” – Hillsong
- “Another in the Fire” – Hillsong
- “Run to the Father” – Cody Carnes
- Furnishing our living room
- Furnishing our dining room
- Furnishing our screened in porch and putting up string lights
- Foyer: Wallpaper accent wall, painted bench
- Spruced front porch, added planters
- Replaced mailbox and landscaped around it
- Started backyard demo (removed all jungle-ness in the back, leveled it, aerated and seeded front and back yard) – looks A MESS right now, more coming in 2020
- Furnished guest bedroom
- Furnished our bedroom
- Painted our fireplace
Other Notable Things:
- Completed the Bible (chronologically) / The Bible Recap in one year together!
- Finally got my ears pierced again!
- My senior girls in NRHC students graduated and started college
- The Nesters were our first guests in our new home in the summer, a few weeks later the Bolands came into town and it was a sweet year of hosting so many friends (old and new) in our home!
- Started co-leading an OTC Small Group with the Cassidy’s
- Started life-coaching with Tami in July and will finish my final and 6th session soon – has been SO LIFE GIVING!
- Began to practice a true Sabbath on Sundays more intentionally with Luke and also have gotten into the rhythm of not scheduling anything on Monday nights to give myself grace and permission to ease into the week and it’s been so good for me.
These are themes the Lord impressed on my heart in 2019 and I hope to continue to press into them even more in 2020.
- Surrender – Laying down expectations for myself, for others, etc.
- Freedom – Agreeing with who God made me to be
- Rest – Eliminating Hurry